(Senior) Investment Officer Latin America – Triodos Investment Management
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Triodos bank invites you to follow your heart and use your head. Below you find an opportunity to work for a bank that values both people and our planet. Triodos is the world’s leading sustainable bank, making money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. Are you interested? Get to know us in one minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRP5E0EF8kc
Emerging Markets Investments Team
Within Triodos Investment Management, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, the Emerging Markets (EM) team manages funds that invest in financial institutions specialised in the provision of microfinance and SME finance in developing countries with a combined volume of EUR 850 million.
The activities of EM are constantly growing. Are you eager, commercially minded, analytically strong? Do you really want to make an impact in the world and do you have an entrepreneurial attitude plus working experience within banking sector? Then we have an interesting position for you!
(Senior)Investment Officer Latin America
You will be involved in all aspects of financing and investing in financial institutions that focus on financial inclusion through servicing micro, small and medium enterprises (SME) in Latin America. Furthermore, Triodos Investment Management provides loans and investments to support sustainable food and agricultural production as well as access to sustainable energy sources.
Responsibilities in this position will be:
- Manage and expand an investment portfolio in the region, consisting of debt and, depending on your seniority, equity investments
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with existing and new clients, being financial institutions active in micro- and SME finance and also in other financial services which contribute to sustainable development.
- Commercially responsible for the full deal process, including negotiating conditions and contracting
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with other stakeholders such as network partners, banking regulators, technical assistance providers and support agencies in order to develop new opportunities and market knowledge of covered countries
- Analyse financial statements, undertake risk assessments, perform due-diligence, write investment proposals and obtain support for finance proposals by presenting investment recommendations to the investment committee
- Be a representative of Triodos Bank and our mission, which -depending on your seniority- can include board memberships with investees.
- Commercial skills: building relationships and a deal-oriented attitude, excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to analyse financial statements and understand risks in the complexity of an emerging markets context
- Affinity with the region is a strong advantage
- Fluent in Spanish and English both orally and in writing are required
- Willingness to travel to Latin America on a regular basis
- Proven affinity with inclusive finance and impact investing
- Academic (master) degree, preferably in Business Economics or Accounting/Finance
- Significant banking and/or other relevant financial sector experience (min. 4 years) with a focus on (international) finance, preferably as an account/sales manager in the investments industry
- A result-oriented, open and entrepreneurial work attitude
The position is based in Zeist, The Netherlands. Applicants must have or obtain a valid work permit for the European Union.
Who we are:
Triodos Investment Management is a globally recognised leader in impact investment, managing direct investments around themes including climate and energy, inclusive finance, sustainable trade, organic food and agriculture, arts and culture, sustainable real estate and listed companies with above average environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance. The business has grown on the basis of deep market sector insights and commitment to sustainability objectives of our partners. Triodos Investment Management currently manages about 17 funds (totalling EUR 3.3 billion) investing in both Europe and Emerging Markets. For more information? www.triodos.com/microfinance
Please find more information here.