Principal – Cross Boundary
CrossBoundary is seeking a full-time Principal to manage a new advisory team in Haiti. As leader of the Haiti investment team, you will actively contribute to a powerful intervention that has the potential for significant positive impact on Haiti’s private sector, in addition to building CrossBoundary’s long-term presence in the market.
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills. Principal candidates should have 7+ years of experience working in high caliber finance or consulting organizations. You should have experience working in developing countries. Experience in project finance; renewable energy, and/or off-grid generation is a plus. A Master’s in Business Administration or Finance is expected but extensive relevant experience may be accepted as equivalent. French fluency is required, and past work experience in Haiti will be regarded favorably. You should be prepared to live and work in a challenging environment.
The Principal will lead our team in Port-au-Prince and will have substantial responsibility for making this project a success.
CrossBoundary offers a highly competitive salary (including benefits).
- 7+ years of experience in top tier banking, consulting, private equity or similar
- Experience working in developing countries; experience in Haiti is particularly relevant
- A technical background or expertise in renewable energy will be regarded favorably
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degrees preferred
Ideal Skills and Characteristics
- Demonstrated leadership skills; preferably in fast moving and complex environments
- Strong quantitative skills; familiar with company evaluation and valuation
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in fragile states and frontier markets
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Willingness to work and live in a challenging environment
- Fluency in French
- Management of the team
- Transaction identification and evaluation
- Market assessment and ongoing market analysis
- Investor sourcing
- Transaction support
Please find more information here.