Global Responsibility Manager – Starbucks
Location: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Starbucks – Public Relations and Communications
At Starbucks, we have always believed in the importance of building a great, enduring company that balances profitability with a social conscience. We have high aspirations for the future and acquiring the right talent for our future is paramount. This company is different. We believe in being performance driven through the lens of humanity. The Global Social Impact team engaged partners (employees) in campaigns that support Our Mission, Values, aspirations and major company initiatives, including our commitments to hiring 25,000 Veterans and Military Spouses by 2025 and engaging every store in Community Service by 2020. In addition, this team supports the strategy and philanthropic giving of the Starbucks Foundation, which was created in 1997 as part of our promise to strengthen the communities in which we operate and source from.
As a manager on the Global Social Impact team, you will serve as the subject matter expert on our philanthropic giving – overseeing grant management processes, reporting requirements and financial stewardship of grantees, establishing and managing accurate, timely and complete records ensuring proper fiscal and impact reporting, and building and maintaining relationships with a sub-set of critical grantees and donor advised funds. In addition, the Global Social Impact manager will work cross-functionally to drive close coordination across Foundation portfolio managers, will maintain a 1 year campaign and storytelling calendar for the Foundation’s investments, will prepare presentations for executives as it relates to the Foundation and the team’s global portfolio, and will manage a subset of global portfolio processes and systems.
You have a can-do-attitude, bring exceptional communications skills, work well independently and as part of a larger team, and have a track record of success developing and implementing processes and systems for a corporate foundation. You are a strong communicator who is savvy at navigating ambiguous situations with a bold and calm approach. You apply critical thinking to identify root problems and inspire your team to find creative solutions. You manage to deadlines and bring others along while respectfully challenging the status quo. You successfully address business problems by identifying untapped opportunities, taking risks, and utilizing creative strategies. You’ve led programs that have had a high degree of visibility with senior leadership and bring significant experience designing processes and systems. You are a subject matter expert in corporate giving protocols in the U.S. and are familiar with large scale data analysis and reporting. And of course, you’re passionate about setting the example of bringing our values and guiding principles to life in all that you do.
Summary of Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations and best practices specific to U.S. and International grants management (7+ years experience)
- Relationship management with nonprofit stakeholders (7+ years experience)
- Relationship management, cross-functionally, in large-multinational companies (7+ years).
- Leading, organizing, and inspiring cross-functional teams/groups (7+years experience)
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills (min. 7 years experience)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are required (min. 7 years experience)
- Ability to navigate large, matrixed corporate environment is essential (min. 7 years experience)
- Strong decision-making skills and professional maturity is essential (min. 7 years experience)
- Previous experience with grants management database required (min. 7 years experience)
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills, with experience in creating executive presentations (min. 5 yrs)
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Please find more information here.