Chief Operating Officer – Cytonn Investments
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global and local institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region. Our investments are in real estate and private equity. Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, insurance, education, hospitality and technology.
To manage its rapid growth, Cytonn Investments is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join as the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a strong equity incentive structure.
The primary responsibility is to work alongside the Managing Partner, Partners and Senior Executives to ensure the day-to-day execution of operations, with speed and accuracy. The person will be responsible for developing a strategic support services function that is responsive and proactive to business and client needs.
- Overall responsibility of most of Cytonn’s support services functions with a view to developing them into proactive, flexible and responsive support functions focused on growing the business, meeting client needs, with a focus on the risk / return proposition in decision making;
- Forge working relationships with company executives and team leaders with a view to providing execution leadership that enhances our strategic position and value proposition in the market;
- Lead direction of company resources to the most productive uses by making strategic choices in terms of products, markets and strategies in order to create maximum value for Cytonn’s stakeholders;
- Plan and direct initiatives, objectives and all aspects of Cytonn’s operational policies;
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and find ways to improve processes;
- Lead the development of strategic management initiatives, which include (i) expansion, (ii) acquisitions, (iii) staffing levels, (iv) cost-containment, and (v) consolidation of multiple locations, Special Purpose Vehicles and portfolio companies;
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers;
- Alongside the departmental heads, review department plans, goals and initiatives, budgets and structural setups of each department; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
- Working with our technology department and respective businesses, support the ongoing automation project aimed at transforming the organization into an IT company that happens to offer investment and real estate products and services.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Degree, with at least a 2nd Class Upper Division is preferred. Masters in administration/strategic management will be an added advantage.
- At least a B+ in KCSE is preferred
- At least 7 years of overall professional experience.
- Understanding of all business functions, including investments, real estate, finance, operations, administration, human resources, marketing and brand.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Skills in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Cytonn’s mission and vision.
- A track record in financial management. A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion with minimal directions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members, clients, administrators and custodians.
Please find more information here.